Foot Deformity???

I would recommend using either Poly-Vi-Sol withOUT Iron or B Complex liquid vitamins to help with curled toes. I bought the B Complex drops last week & they fixed the problem in 2 days without an orthopedic shoe. First day I put 2 drops on the chick's beak - it's more liquidy than Poly-vi-sol, so not as easy to administer this way. Also added a dropperful to the quart waterer.

I have used sticky foam pads with great success with any ducklings I have had hatch with foot problems. Most of the ones I have had hatch with foot issues have been ones that pipped the wrong end of the egg. With less room to move they can often have a foot in a wrong position- and even the egs can be effected badly. I recently had a duckling hatch and one leg was bent the same curve as the egg due to where it was positioned during hatching.

46956_duckling_shoes.jpg

Glad to hear the ducklings foot has improved Tia- I hope the splay leg goes quickly as well with the treatment you are giving.

duckyfromoz -

Thanks. Things are looking pretty good this morning. This little guy is so lively. He appreciated having a buddy in the brooder with him. I think his foot looks pretty straight now, so I'm thinking the hobble will be enough. It is amazing how well he gets around. I'm hoping he can join all of the other ducklings soon. I will post some pictures today.

Last edited:

my week old chick suddenly developed this curled foot..we made a flat splint for it today..hopefully this will help..we did it before reading about all this on here so i guess we are on the right track! will follow up with the outcome..thanks for others who shared similar stories on here makes me feel hopeful!

Back
Top Bottom