For a friend. What breed please?

Tortoise

Songster
5 Years
Aug 19, 2018
Chicago
Screenshot_20201001-173725_Message+.jpg

Closest one appears to be a Rhode Island Red, and the second is a gold laced Wyandotte.
Pictures of the first one's comb would help confirm the breed.
This is the only picture. The owner is being told they will not live thru winter without a heated enclosure. I corrected that for him but I didn't know what breed he had to be sure they were cold hardy.

I see a golden laced Wyandotte, standing on the chair plus the pullet on the table who appears to be a red sex link? Just me? Maybe the lighting. Both are pullets
I’m changing mine, I see a darker tail which is not often present in red sex links. Even though it can be there, I’m going to say RIR or something. Sooo hard to tell if the light coloring on it is natural or just from the flash/lighting

This is the only picture. The owner is being told they will not live thru winter without a heated enclosure. I corrected that for him but I didn't know what breed he had to be sure they were cold hardy.
Hmm, if this is not an intrusion of privacy, may I ask where they are located? Knowing would help us decide if the weather is suitable- however I assume that they are fine- they do not require a heated enclosure

Back
Top Bottom