For birds that really aren't supposed to fly.....

QUITE well. And it can be a pain once they pick up the habit of jumping over the fence!

I like my flightless Silkies and Sizzles, they can barely hop up on their roost :p

My less-than-one-year olds still have the exuberance of the very young, and when let out of the run to free-range, they do the low level flight thing. Even the cockerel, and he's getting quite big.

I love to watch them. Makes me wish I had wings.

Aren't supposed to fly?

Almost all my chickens take a few flights a day, either from roost to roost in the coop or down the 30 and 20 foot lengths of their run.
They can't fly out because I put a mesh roof on the run tho ;-) hehehe
Tho one did fly up to the outside top of the run when I penned them roofless in the adjacent garden during the days for a week or so in late summer.

Aren't supposed to fly?

Almost all my chickens take a few flights a day, either from roost to roost in the coop or down the 30 and 20 foot lengths of their run.
They can't fly out because I put a mesh roof on the run tho ;-) hehehe
Tho one did fly up to the outside top of the run when I penned them roofless in the adjacent garden during the days for a week or so in late summer.
I want to take one up on the roof, give it a toss and see how well it does.
wink.png

Wasn't there a BYCer who was conditioning their birds for long distance flight or something like that? I think I'm recalling that right? I believe there were pictures and everything, and I think I remember them saying they were giving them a light toss and seeing how far they went.

I could just be completely crazy and just have really odd dreams though.... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom