for newbie duck owners like me (care sheet for ducks)

You are very welcome
smile.png
. I hope the info on the link I posted will help you wih your new babies

Stevie I am sending your eggs out tomorrow with lots of extras! I would have sent them out today but it was raining and I wanted you to get the frested eggs possible, and that means more extras!

I might only be able to send the 6, maybe 7 or 8 ducks eggs tomorrow, though, not the 12. The girls only laid 3 today. I think they have a secret hiding place by our pond, but I can seem to find it. But i might put a couple in a pen tomorrow to ger their eggs. Hope you don't mind!

I dont mind. That sounds like a good idea. I used to pen up the hens when they would lay up on the mountain.

Quote:
I have a baby. the othe 2 never made it so the survivor sleeps with a blue bunny. He is a cayuga/something mix. Will give you a pic tomorrow so you can help me figure him/her out
smile.png

BTW: he is a big baby. He hops when he wants to come out. 5 out of 6 where ferttile though
smile.png

Last edited:
me to. I dont want him to be the only duckling. I have a run for the ducks when they get older and I would be so sad to have him in there alone. I cant wait to see what suprise chicks I will hatch as well
big_smile.png
. I love suprises

Its ok. I am happy with him. He is just the cutest. I thought I would not get anything since it was my first time trying. He has a yellow chest, black feet, and pistacio grren beak with a black tip. Is he mixed or pure with those colors? I can post a pic tomorrow morning to help determine what he is. He is not messy at all. I made his brooder messy lol. At 3 days old can I put him in a few inches warm water so he could try to do some swimming?

Back
Top Bottom