for people who own chickens but dont like eggs

chick fire

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
tn
This thread I made is for people who love chickens but do not like to eat eggs . I ABSOLUTLEY love my chickens just dont like eggs and people think iam crazy:lol:

scratch'n'peck

Crowing
Oct 31, 2008
West Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Of course, since I love the company of my chickens, I don't think you are crazy for keeping chicken despite not liking eggs. Although I do eat some eggs, egg production was not the reason I got chickens. I end up giving away a lot of eggs. I also found that chickens love to eat scrambled eggs, and it's a good source of protein for them.

chick fire

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
tn
thank you for actually responding to this thread and understanding and I HAVE feed my chicks eggs before .

deacons

Songster
Oct 8, 2013
New Hampshire
Yes, I really despise the taste of eggs and am vegetarian so don't eat the meat, but I love having the girls around. When I tell people how many eggs we get every day, the first thing they usually say is, "you must eat a lot of eggs," to which I respond, "nope, I hate eggs but love the chickens." My husband does eat 2 a day for breakfast, and I use them as needed for baking, but we generally get 6-7 a day. So, we sell to a couple of neighbors and just give away a lot. In the warmer months, I typically have a stray dozen or two on demand when someone wants them, and it's fun to see how excited people are about getting an unexpected "gift" like that.

MakelaNJoe

Chirping
Apr 26, 2015
Northern California
I Got my chicks pretty much just as my pets although my older son does eat about half dozen eggs a week so once my girls start laying he will make use of those, and i can still enjoy my loving girls!

Top Bottom