for people who own chickens but dont like eggs

chick fire

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
tn
This thread I made is for people who love chickens but do not like to eat eggs . I ABSOLUTLEY love my chickens just dont like eggs and people think iam crazy:lol:

Of course, since I love the company of my chickens, I don't think you are crazy for keeping chicken despite not liking eggs. Although I do eat some eggs, egg production was not the reason I got chickens. I end up giving away a lot of eggs. I also found that chickens love to eat scrambled eggs, and it's a good source of protein for them.

thank you for actually responding to this thread and understanding and I HAVE feed my chicks eggs before .

Yes, I really despise the taste of eggs and am vegetarian so don't eat the meat, but I love having the girls around. When I tell people how many eggs we get every day, the first thing they usually say is, "you must eat a lot of eggs," to which I respond, "nope, I hate eggs but love the chickens." My husband does eat 2 a day for breakfast, and I use them as needed for baking, but we generally get 6-7 a day. So, we sell to a couple of neighbors and just give away a lot. In the warmer months, I typically have a stray dozen or two on demand when someone wants them, and it's fun to see how excited people are about getting an unexpected "gift" like that.

I Got my chicks pretty much just as my pets although my older son does eat about half dozen eggs a week so once my girls start laying he will make use of those, and i can still enjoy my loving girls!

Back
Top Bottom