FOR SALE ELEPHANT GARLIC STARTS FRESHLY HAVESTED..

pirtykitty

Songster
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
Waco, Texas
I AM OFFERING 12 ELEPHANT GARLIC BUTTON STARTS FOR 8.00 POSTPAID..
EMAIL ME IF INTERESTED.
I ACCEPT PAY PAL, MONEY ORDERS OR CHECKS.

oh can I ask a question? I planted garlic last October 11th and am wondering if they are ready I remember some one saying June but when I pulled one up its bulb was not formed. This is my first time growing garlic (not sure why) and you post just made me think of it
smile.png

a quick funny story about garlic:

last year my sister-in-law asked us for some elephant garlic bulbs to start a small patch - we gave her about 12 cloves to plant and told her how to harvest it --- and then to replant some. Well, this spring she calls again and starts complaining that the garlic didn't come back up over the winter and what was wrong with it. So I ask when did she plant it again in the fall - she said : plant what?? - here she picked it all and didn't replant - just thought that it would seed itself. You just can't talk to some peopl:hee

Yep you have to replant the smaller bulbs and the little bulbets each season...
You also don't harvest till the top starts to die... I also read and will do next season that you cut off the flower head for bigger garlic...

I still can send out a few more batches of elephant garlic starts for those interested..
have a great week end..

Yes they can be planted in pots... I'm going to plant some in the long plastic window planters this year to make harvesting easier..
the lady we bought the house from 5 years ago was taking her new starts growing in pots to their new home...

Back
Top Bottom