For those of you in Nor Cal: show quality self blue d'Anver cock

nooo! Kanchii!!

you cant get rid of him
sad.png

Quote:
I'm keeping my bantam barred rock, Fabio, and keeping Zeus (the d'Anvers) gf, Hera, so that I'll still have one self blue d'Anver to show. I can't keep two roosters, since I'm moving my chooks somewhere else where I'll only have one small coop.
sad.png
It's sad. I would have won so much with Zeus, hah. He's gorgeous, I love staring at him.

Gosh, if you really can't find anyone (which is hard to believe looking at that gorgeous bird!!), I *might* be able to find the room and money. [I'm north of Santa Rosa, and would have to run it by my SO first.] But I'm probably not your ideal owner either, since I'm really new at this and have never shown poultry before.

But, if I had him, maybe you could keep visiting/showing rights or something? It seems such a shame to break up such a gorgeous pair of birds!! Esp. if you were planning on breeding them.

BTW, you really have a talent for naming birds... Zeus and Hera... LOVE it.

Quote:
Thanks! I name each breed we get in a sort of theme. My bantam barred rocks were all "pretty boy/girls" so we had Fabio, Barbie, Skipper, Summer, ect.
smile.png

If I was able to pick him up from you for a day or so every now and then to take him to a show, that would be absolutely amazing. Let me know what your SO says!

Beautiful bird. I wish I could keep roosters, I have one Mille Fluer D'Uccle Roo I'm trying
to find a home for too but no one wants him, he's a sweetheart too. Not a show bird
like your's though! Good luck.

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom