For Those of you with Electric Fencing

DyingPhoenix

Songster
May 12, 2016
Dewitt, IL
Might be a stupid question..but..How did you run the hot wire around your gates? I want to let my flock out to free range when I'm around but have the benefit of having several lines of hot wire around the base of their run when they're in there.

There are handle things that you can get that you can unhook when entering through the gate. I found a picture online.
3-8-2013-1-52-01-PM.png

There are a couple of ways to do it. Fasten it to the actual run with clips. There are specially designed insulator clips you can buy for fastening to wire. Or you can run short posts around the base. Either fiber glass or stakes even T posts.

Where I live it is especially dry and I do not irrigate. Therefore standard electric fence is mostly ineffectual... Cant get a good ground. So when I rebuild my coop I will be doing Bipolar fencing.... OR running a separate ground wire parallel to the charge wire.

Fortunately for me there is a product out there Designed specifically for Bad Grounding situations. And they do call it a Bipolar fence ... its a tape that has both the positive and negative wires woven right into it.

Good luck

deb

Back
Top Bottom