For those who get a winter(pool ?)

Quote:
What is that that is drinking on the opposite side of your ducks??????????
hide.gif

Looks like a cat
big_smile.png
mine drink out the duck water to..
sickbyc.gif

Yeah
lol.png
Its a cat. Mine share the heated coop with the chickens and ducks in the winter.

Quote:
Its only out there for about an hour before it starts to freeze, then I dump the water and use it for hauling.

ah, a multi purpose sled!
thumbsup.gif

Yep!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Looks like a cat
big_smile.png
mine drink out the duck water to..
sickbyc.gif

Yeah
lol.png
Its a cat. Mine share the heated coop with the chickens and ducks in the winter.

Too cute!!!!

Quote:
Is yours a heavy duty plastic? i worry my main pool might crack, it's that flimsy plastic.. i do have an old tugboat sandbox/pool that i am using as a pool to, it's really heavy plastic(from the 90's LOL) perhaps it would be a better winter pool?

I have the ones that they sell at Wal Mart. My pools last about 3 years. The cold weather and freezing does not crack mine. I wish I could find one like you - thet tug boat sandbox/pool. That is definitely heavy duty. That would be better for you probably. Our winters here in Louisiana are really not that cold. That's probably why mine last so long.

aw, ok.. mine is probably like yours.. the tugboat was a leftover from my 16yo toddler days lol there we're a few more kids after her and then it just stayed because it's a bugger to get rid of, you need a trailer or a pickup truck, so i just never bothered to attempt to sell it, good thing, i guess. i did give away to friends our big step 2 plastic pool that everyone raves about here but it was a pain to store and i didn't know i'd need it a few years later for ducks.
barnie.gif

Quote:
Yeah
lol.png

Too cute!!!!

Last winter someone came by to look at some guineas I had for sale, they seen the cats and said I was risking the life of my birds and that I was a bad owner.
roll.png

Chickenandkittens.jpg

Back
Top Bottom