For those who homeschool their children...

Sonoran Silkies, you just like to argue with me!
tongue2.gif

I think it's because you're in my area so we're among the few still awake at these slow times. The other time zones have gone on to do something more rewarding, like sleep...

Quote:
Boy does this not happen now! All the schools I have seen are more geared towards baby sitting. Out of the whole school day maybe an hour or two is spent on school work. I sat through a number of classes of different grade levels at different schools.

Boy does this not happen now! All the schools I have seen are more geared towards baby sitting. Out of the whole school day maybe an hour or two is spent on school work. I sat through a number of classes of different grade levels at different schools.

Yes it does happen, we teach manners and respect every single day. The we get slapped in the face with parents telling us it's not our business to tell their kids how to act.​

farrier! :

It sure is not happening anywhere in Il that I have seen.
But I guess maybe you do not have metal detectors and armed guards either.....
smile.png

I've never understood how come aggression is tolerated in the public school system at all. It's not good for the other kids, it's not good for the staff, it's not good for education at all. Why do aggressive children have a "right" to mess up the right of others to get a good education?

I think this thread has been derailed.​

I really appreciate all the wonderful advice and opinions that everyone has given.

Please keep your posts related to the original question(s) at hand
fl.gif
. There's a lot of good information coming through this thread, and I really don't want to see it get out of hand.
big_smile.png

Putting this back on topic!
tongue.png

Lots of different input.

Here's a list of what I've read so far in this thread, maybe it will help you decide:

Here were suggested curriculums and online learning tools:

Look on ebay
Calvert Homeschool
starfall.com
time4learning.com
dltk-kids.com
edhelper.com
ambleside online program
Abeka
My Fathers World

Suggested books:
ED Hirsch: what your preschooler should know
Before Five in a Row by Jane Claire Lambert

Some people don't think you should worry about preschool

Child led learning: Unschooling (what I tried with my youngest and wished I had guts to continue with.)
Learn more here: http://libaware.economads.com/unschool.php

Did
I leave anything out?

Back
Top Bottom