For U.K. members, think again about using hardware cloth in coops.

perchie.girl :

Quote:
Just curious here.... what does "Slating" mean. deb here speaking from the Nanny State of California... LOL.

I believe slating is the equivalent of spanking...or taking a slat to someone.​

Quote:
Just curious here.... what does "Slating" mean. deb here speaking from the Nanny State of California... LOL.

I believe slating is the equivalent of spanking...or taking a slat to someone.

Ah... I was thinking of Slate Not Slat....
th.gif
Kind of changes the meaning of a Colloquialism.

I believe slating is the equivalent of spanking...or taking a slat to someone.

Correct.

I'll keep off the war and Politics ....... too volotile. Hmmm ... Guns too .... Been bitten while trying to talk on them also.

But I will say as someone else has said.... Don't always believe what you read and the Police are a bad source of advice on such matters sometimes.​

Quote:
You read stories on the internet about burglars suing homeowners, yet you never seem to get links to authoritative sources, like newspaper accounts or the actual legal case report. I think you have to take these stories with a grain of salt. Everything you read on the internet isn't true.

The common law of the United States recognizes different levels of duty that a property owner owes to people injured on their property. The lowest, most minimal level of duty is owed to a criminal trespasser. So unless you set up some kind of deliberate, very harmful booby trap, you have very little to worry about with being sued successfully by a burglar.

Quote:
Urban myth? I read your link and it doesn't dispute that the case happened, therefore, I wouldn't call it a myth. I still find it to be a ridiculous, frivolous lawsuit. Personal responsibility is another endangered species in this country.

All of these unnecessary suits makes everything more expensive for the consumer. And has led to more ridiculousness like this,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20001007/aponline154419_000.htm

McDonald's "settled" but says it wasn't monetary.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/837035/Woman-McDonalds-settle-lawsuit-over-a-hot-pickle.html

I could probably build my coop for half the price if we could take off all the hidden costs associated with liability.
sad.png

Did you read the facts of the case in the link? That's what I was referring to...it's an urban myth that someone sued and won over an ordinary cup of coffee. I don't know about your morning brew, but I don't drink mine hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns within seven seconds.

The pickle lawsuit was silly, but of course the plaintiffs wouldn't have won if they went to trial. I'd really like to know how you would suggest the system winnow out suits like this from the genuine ones where the public is seriously harmed from someone else's negligence. Certainly you wouldn't want to have your car hit by a drunk driver and then not be able to sue for damages?

Of course you know that depends who finds them first me or the cops.
smile.png

Quote:
You read stories on the internet about burglars suing homeowners, yet you never seem to get links to authoritative sources, like newspaper accounts or the actual legal case report. I think you have to take these stories with a grain of salt. Everything you read on the internet isn't true.

The common law of the United States recognizes different levels of duty that a property owner owes to people injured on their property. The lowest, most minimal level of duty is owed to a criminal trespasser. So unless you set up some kind of deliberate, very harmful booby trap, you have very little to worry about with being sued successfully by a burglar.

Lol take a guess why people don't get robbed in rural Texas. It is a very dangerous occupation being a thief down here...We believe strongly in the 2nd Amendmant. I love my guns.
love.gif

take a guess why people don't get robbed in rural Texas.

To far to go to rob any one ? Errrrrr ..... To Hot ? Ahhhaa !/? They hear Guns and think it's dangerous to visit ? ... Nope ...... It's got to be the wire mesh on the shed window ? .... I know ! ............... The Chickens are the size of Ostriches and the Cockrells are realy scarey ! (Joke)

Sureley ?
wink.png

Quote:
To far to go to rob any one ? Errrrrr ..... To Hot ? Ahhhaa !/? They hear Guns and think it's dangerous to visit ? ... Nope ...... It's got to be the wire mesh on the shed window ? .... I know ! ............... The Chickens are the size of Ostriches and the Cockrells are realy scarey ! (Joke)

Sureley ?
wink.png

It is pretty dang hot!! And the cockrells are HUGE because as everyone knows, everything is bigger in Texas.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom