For U.K. members, think again about using hardware cloth in coops.

Thats insane, the same thing is happening in Canada. Half the time I think the criminal has more rights then the victim
he.gif

As I understand it, there's nothing wrong with utilizing hardware cloth or anything else usual to the ownership and maintenance of a property. However, it is against the law to set a trap of any kind for a burglar.

This is absolutely insane! How can the law protect someone in the act of breaking it? That is one of the reasons I have lost all faith in government. The other is all the ads on tv during elections.
lol.png

Last edited:
darn it... Now I need to take off all of the hardware cloth and chicken wire and replace it with fluffy pillows and welcome to my stuff signs. I probably should put an ad on Craig's List while I am at it and tell people we are "burglar-safe". I think I might leave some release forms out there in case someone is stupid enough to sign one in case they get a splinter or something.

Police aren't the best source for legal advice. Sure, you could be sued by a burglar, but would the lawsuit be successful? I sincerely doubt it. If you were on a jury for such a case, how would you rule?

Anyone can sue for anything. Doesn't mean they win.

Back
Top Bottom