Forgot to put back eggs after 15 min. cooling

qmutti

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
They were out of the incubator for whole 2 hours. When I noticed I put them back. It is rather cool in our house, about 62 F. They are at day 12. Will they survive?

Thanks

This is why I stopped cooling mine... I have real bad short term memory...lol.... I still get the same hatch rates without cooling and misting... I'm sure they will be fine... What day are they on???? That does play a big part in if they can cool longer and be ok... Mine seem to be more fragile in mid incubation... Best of luck....
hugs.gif

Thank you all for the answers. 3 posts in such a short time - What an amazing group!
clap.gif

I think I will stop taking them out... And I will let you know when they hatch.

Update:
A few days later they started smelling very bad. All three. So we just gave up on them and my husband immediately ordered new ones. They are already in the incubator, and I won't take them out. Will see.

You do not need to cool them down in an air forced incubator. In a still air incubator you should. Hope that helps.

The Duck ABC's :

You do not need to cool them down in an air forced incubator. In a still air incubator you should. Hope that helps.

Thank you! I did't know there was a difference. Ours is air forced.

It's funny, just before I received your reply, I read another post of yours, about the egg turner. You are so right. We have 7 eggs now, and I installed the 4 rails exactly like the picture shows, but they seem to get stuck into each-other. I was thinking about removing one - then I read your post about how only 3 rails fit when using goose eggs. I will definitely rearrange them right now. Thanks for the useful post.​

Mark your holes with different color sharpies. For quail and chicken eggs use 6 rails, duck eggs use 4, and goose eggs 3. This helps putting them in correctly. I also have marked the opposite side.
197156_179972758715546_100001084685575_429308_8074382_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom