Goose eggs didnt have heat for 2 hours are they done for!?

I cool my eggs for 20 to 30 min after day 10 of the hatch. Then mist with warm water just before putting them back in the incubator
The Idea is to allow the developing embryo to cool down. The more developed the embryo the more heat they generate on there own.
You will be fine at 2 hours. your hatch may be a few hours later on hatch time.
As long as you got them back up to temperature they will develop normally.
That's great information, thank you! So I candled and everyone is still growing thankfully. I'm learning new things about hatching geese eggs, im glad I asked! The girl I bought them off of sent me a YouTube video to watch and it said 10 minutes per day. I can definitely do 20-30 have you had better hatches letting them cool longer?

That's great information, thank you! So I candled and everyone is still growing thankfully. I'm learning new things about hatching geese eggs, im glad I asked! The girl I bought them off of sent me a YouTube video to watch and it said 10 minutes per day. I can definitely do 20-30 have you had better hatches letting them cool longer?
Goose Eggs are not as complicated as they seem. They do take a little more attention. I dont cool down till day 7 theirs no need. But it the most important days for dilliagent turning.

Just ask the goose that goes broody and refuses to leave her nest for anything. But as time goes on she leaves for longer and longer periods of time. Then all of a sudden she goes back to refusing to leave the babys. Its because one has internally piped and its time to go to work.

Things to remember. The size is bigger so rotating eggs takes personal attention if your using a auto turn incubator. after day 7 they need a 180 degree hand turn. It helps them cool down and dispense there heat and get all there nutrition and get rid of some CO2 and get better oxygen..
The misting is for the shell that has lost moister during cool down. Cool down is important to let the embryo cool down 1 to 2 degrees. The more developed the embryo is the more cool down you need. If you have a kids digital forehead thermometer its a great way to check them. If your hatching at 99.8 you will want to let it cool to about 97. My house is usually around 72 so it takes longer to cool down the eggs.

Goose Eggs are not as complicated as they seem. They do take a little more attention. I dont cool down till day 7 theirs no need. But it the most important days for dilliagent turning.

Just ask the goose that goes broody and refuses to leave her nest for anything. But as time goes on she leaves for longer and longer periods of time. Then all of a sudden she goes back to refusing to leave the babys. Its because one has internally piped and its time to go to work.

Things to remember. The size is bigger so rotating eggs takes personal attention if your using a auto turn incubator. after day 7 they need a 180 degree hand turn. It helps them cool down and dispense there heat and get all there nutrition and get rid of some CO2 and get better oxygen..
The misting is for the shell that has lost moister during cool down. Cool down is important to let the embryo cool down 1 to 2 degrees. The more developed the embryo is the more cool down you need. If you have a kids digital forehead thermometer its a great way to check them. If your hatching at 99.8 you will want to let it cool to about 97. My house is usually around 72 so it takes longer to cool down the eggs.
Thank you so much! This is the exact Info I was looking for a week ago lol. I'm hand turning, 3 times a day, once at 8am, then at 2pm and then again around 10pm. Is that enough?
I really didn't understand the misting part so this is also great information, but I've been misting them when I take them out and they're usually dry by the time I put them back in. So move that to to misting after they have been out for their 20-30 minutes? I think they are technically on day 9 right now, but I've been taking them out this entire time. Will that effect anything?

As long as there candling good your ok.
I would figure out how to turn more if you can a min of 5 times a day or every time you have a moment. at least till day 20.

Last year I had allot of problems with hatches piping backwards and read allot of study's on turning. misting and hatching ect. The study's are more for commercial flocks but finally started to understand why I had thous problems. Not understanding why (most instructions for hatching just say this is what you do)(not why you do it). So in the beginning I was a little lazy with the misting. Like you when I did it I did it when I pulled them. So it wasn't doing what it was meant to do. Get moister back to the membranes from the cooling process. I have a cabinet incubator that makes a 90 degree turn every hour. But it dose not turn 180 degrees. I learned hatch rates increase if you do that once a day. After getting more diligent my hatch rates increased. Till then I was loosing a few in late hatch

If your interested this is a review on lots of study's on commercial hatching goose egg hatching. https://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=ijps.2020.51.65

Back
Top Bottom