Foster/Adoptive Parent Rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking it's odd they have matched her with a family that hasn't completed the steps yet, too! And not only that, but they are having overnight visits out of the area already? Wow, way different than anything I've ever heard of. I'm glad that you spoke up. The agency needs to know that they aren't holding up their end of the deal, you ARE documenting that there are variations and you will NOT continue to accomodate those, as it leaves you up for trouble in the future. Good for you!

I hope the two workers set them straight. Either follow the (I'm sure) agreed upon program or move along....

Quote:
th.gif
hide.gif
barnie.gif

First, let me say I love Michigan.
But there are places you don't want to be, and for god's sake, that is one of them.
I was there once, I got lost dropping someone off, and
ep.gif
wow, it was scary.

If the adoptive mom thinks it is too much trouble or not worth going to a decent place for drop off/ exchange,
I think there is a big problem here Boyd.
I understand your frustration and ranting about this.
It is about the safety and security of that little girl.

Why are you doing this to them?
somad.gif
Geez, isnt it about the little girl?
Them becoming responsible parents?

Bless you for taking on this tireless and obviously sometimes thankless job.

Beth

This is one of the area's I usually have my Glock with me.

Quote:
yeah, I basically told them make the adoptive family follow the program, or move the little girl out of my house post haste.. Because if I say I will not work with these folks, they loose.

Now, other than this, I've spoken with them on the phone, we've done daytime visits and she really fits in well with this family. I am not sure how many hours of classes they have left, but they'll have to have them done by the end of august, because that is the time frame they are pushing for the adoption.

I am another one that thinks it is strange they have not completed the classes. I know someone here that went through the system to adopt. She had to have her WHOLE homestudy, physical's, classes, and background checks etc back before they were allowed to have the boys they wanted to adopt visit .

Your nicer than me..i wont do ANY visitation trasportation. IF they want visits..the bio- parents or caseworkers have to provide it.
big_smile.png
(theres a reason for that..trust me...)

I also dont have to deal with ANY problems from the parents... I just call my agency and tell them to deal with it... (i guess i'm lucky with my agency..because i've heard of some real horror stories..)
Put your foot down, Boyd... it IS their job to deal with this type of thing.. make them do their job!

Last edited:
Quote:
since a year ago I almost killed a bio parent who showed up unexpectedly to get their kid back (illegally), no one is allowed to come to my house, nor is ANYone allowed to give out my address. our licensing department is very aware of the 80lb highly trained mush brained baby kissing furball, and the fact that next time, I will empty the clip, insert the next and keep firing till the twitching stops.

I don't like folks dropping in unannounced. Not healthy for most folks. And since both agencies indicated neither was transporting in this case, well if I say go fly a kite, then the adoptive family is sure out of luck.

Quote:
What??
ep.gif
And they let this kid go with them?? nuts...

They must be very close, but yeah, I had those same thoughts... but I don't write these laws........

Here's a thought: if they can't afford to spend an extra $3, how are they able to afford another kid? Plus, if this is how they act when they're being monitored, when they should worry about how they appear, and when it's in the best interest of the child (seeing her therapist), then I'm nervous to see how they behave when the state stops watching. None of this sounds like it's heading anywhere good . . . .

But I would really like to commend you for being strong enough to be a foster.

Quote:
What??
ep.gif
And they let this kid go with them?? nuts...

They must be very close, but yeah, I had those same thoughts... but I don't write these laws........

Hey.. if something happens its on them..not you...

Back
Top Bottom