Found a chick

Pics

smopey

Chirping
Aug 3, 2020
Hello!
This little chicken wandered into my yard the other day. I have zero chicken experience. Can someone tell me what kind of chicken this is, approximate age and if it’s a male or female? TIA!

1C680A53-6917-46F2-984E-E2EB979C9EA6.jpeg

C49491CD-A023-4D31-8269-86550479E53D.jpeg

Girl. Gold/Red Sexlink. Do you have any other chickens? If not, do you plan on keeping it?
I don’t have any other chickens and I’m not sure if I should keep her or not. I found a farm sanctuary that said they would take her if I decide not to. I would really like to keep her but I live in a rental right now and I don’t think I’m allowed to have chickens in our development. I’m looking to buy a house in the near future and plan on moving to an area where I can have chickens. Is a lone house chicken super frowned upon? It would just be for a few months (hopefully) 😬

I don’t have any other chickens and I’m not sure if I should keep her or not. I found a farm sanctuary that said they would take her if I decide not to. I would really like to keep her but I live in a rental right now and I don’t think I’m allowed to have chickens in our development. I’m looking to buy a house in the near future and plan on moving to an area where I can have chickens. Is a lone house chicken super frowned upon? It would just be for a few months (hopefully) 😬
It isn’t good for the bird, so...yeah. They are definitely very social and love the outdoors.

Have you asked any of the neighbors or anything if they’re missing a chicken? Do other people near you have chickens? A chick that young likely wouldn’t have wandered far. I think you should look locally first to see if anyone is missing one before giving it away. Although it is possible it was dumped. But I would look around first.

Back
Top Bottom