Found a chicken - I think I want to keep it!

Welcome!
yippiechickie.gif

THANK YOU for the great welcome!

I think the next step is the coop. The prices are pretty expensive! My local feed store has a small one for maybe 2 chickens for $200! I might build. Just trying to figure out where the best spot would be. I have just under an acre but it's not all fenced.

Here's a picture of my Lucy and Pecker getting to know eachother. Yes - I named my first chicken Pecker.
big_smile.png

003.jpg

Quote:
Well, yeah... cuz you kind of had to
lol.png
She's still looking a little rough around the edges - how is she doing?
Great pic - agree with everyone else that she needs a place to call home, and you'll find lots of great ideas here - and thanks for taking her in -

well first off id like to start off by saying YOUR AWSOME!!! not everyone will take in stray chickens lol..

Alright now i think you should get some rooster booster/save-a-chick or any other eletrolight plus vitamans to put in her water.. to help with the healing prosses chickens can become shockie very easy.
also the chickens house does not have to be extravagant check some of these out made out of FREE pallet wood
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=578099
since you only have one it can be as easy as pie and very cheap
i always put some Apple cider Vinager in my water to help keep things moving and a little lemon juice to help with slime and its a anti bacterial
this is a great place to help with ANY problem.. or just to show off your new friend..
smile.png

good luck and dont ever hesitate to ask about anything... we all are learning here and we all together will find out the answer.
smile.png

You should totally get her a friend or two! I always keep six or more...when I get down to five or fewer, predators begin to pick them off...besides, they are super social! Welcome, and thank you for saving her!

welcome-byc.gif
from Wisconsin !!

I don't think it will take much encouragement to get you to find her a friend. Once you found her and decided to keep her you are hooked !!! Welcome to chicken math !!!
gig.gif

Thanks for saving that poor girl
thumbsup.gif
I agree, a good vitamin supplement will do wonders. Also check her for lice or mites as that can weaken her.

Back
Top Bottom