Found a very sweet rooster in Clearwater, Florida in our yard....

Hello back at'cha neighbor! He doesn't crow very much - I spoke to my mother in Ohio a bit ago (actually I am going to tell her about this site - she raises chickens in her backyard! LoL) she had me check the size of his spur and she thinks he's only about 4-6 weeks old.

He's funny - his new favorite place to sit is on the ceiling fan in my son's room LOL

I hate to think someone would have just dumped him
sad.png

Quote:
Alas, I live in South Carolina. My sister lives just across from Seminole State Park.

Glad you are getting the "help" you need !
hu.gif
He is roosting on the ceiling fan which is normal he needs a place higher up because nature tells them to stay high and away from trouble and predators! He would be in a tree is he was outside at night. He must have full flight feathers, have your son pull out both his wings and see, which says he probably was dumped off because he wasn't clippled and their not allowed in your county!
hit.gif

There are several roosters running around Pinellas that have been dumped or have escaped. I'm surprised none have found my girls, actually, as reportedly there are two of them wandering the streets just a few blocks north of me.
He must be a good flyer if he's on the ceiling fan! 4-6 weeks isn't very old. How big is he?

I suspect he's probably someone's Easter chick who outgrew his cute stage. In Largo Fl there is a feed Store on Park Blvd-a small red farm building- right next to the railroad track whose owner might know of somebody who will take this chick.

I'll check with the feed stores tomorrow - a friend of mine said there's another one on West Bay Drive as well. What about the farm bureau? Would that be a place that might be able to help find this little guy a home?

He flies right up to the ceiling fan with no trouble, it's cute! I don't know how big roosters get, but a friend of mine says this one is very little.

The one on West Bay is owned by the brother of the one on Park. The guys at the one on Park are really nice. They may let you put up a sign.

If you post a few more times on here it will let you post a picture. Then at least we could help you identify the age and breed, which might help you find it a home. But please expect it to take a while. Roosters are just really hard to place anywhere other than someone's crock pot. It's just the way of chicken farming, I'm afraid.
sad.png

Thanks chics! I have a couple photos of him ready to go - I have uploaded them to Craigs List but they are not showing up yet. I need to post a certain amount of times to be able to upload a photo here?

Back
Top Bottom