Found baby chick on our porch

Sadira

Hatching
May 24, 2024
My children found a baby chick on your porch. I'm assuming one of our cats brought it home. It does have a scratch, but it's scabbed. The baby is eating, drinking, and will not accept being alone. We already have flock raiser from having ducks and will get medicated food. I'm just wondering what I should do about the scratch? Also, someone told me it would die if it doesn't have other chicks? I don't raise my animals as just food.

Attachments

• 20240524_225433.jpg
    20240524_225433.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 41
The scratch looks a little open still. I would use Neosporin on it to prevent infection.
It is safe for use on fowl. Just use the kind without pain reliever.

It won't necessarily die without other chicks but it will be lonely which means loudly chirping a LOT.
If you can and want to adding 2-3 chicks of similar age would be a nice thing to do. That chicks looks to be about 2-3 weeks old.
Are you using a heat source for it?

The scratch looks a little open still. I would use Neosporin on it to prevent infection.
It is safe for use on fowl. Just use the kind without pain reliever.

It won't necessarily die without other chicks but it will be lonely which means loudly chirping a LOT.
If you can and want to adding 2-3 chicks of similar age would be a nice thing to do. That chicks looks to be about 2-3 weeks old.
Are you using a heat source for it?
I do not have pain relief kind but I do have backing Max tonight. I do have a heat lamp but I'm staying awake for little one.

Back
Top Bottom