Found Goose - No Idea What To Do

With the amount of predators every where the best way to protect our geese etc is to have a secure place for them to sleep.
If you decide to keep your sweet goose and find out it's a she getting another female would work too but if you want goslings then a gander would be a better option.
We just lost our gander in Feb he was 14, his mate Missy has surely been grieving but she has now settled in with the Runners and Buffs and I believe she is past the grief. They are def very special birds. Intelligent also.

With the amount of predators every where the best way to protect our geese etc is to have a secure place for them to sleep.
If you decide to keep your sweet goose and find out it's a she getting another female would work too but if you want goslings then a gander would be a better option.
We just lost our gander in Feb he was 14, his mate Missy has surely been grieving but she has now settled in with the Runners and Buffs and I believe she is past the grief. They are def very special birds. Intelligent also.
I’m so sorry you lost your sweet gander.

From what I know ducks love those floating houses, I have no idea if geese do. Most geese have difficulty wanting to go into a shelter that isnt a bush, so I wouldn’t have high hopes of them using the floating house.

Usually they have to be herded into a cage at night for their own well-being.
Thanks for the info! That is very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom