Found green poop in the coop

Sounds like capillary worms.
Scroll down to Capillary worms and read about the two types that infect the crop/esophagus: Dose with safeguard liquid goat wormer orally undiluted, 1/2cc once a day for 5 days straight. I recommend that you dose all your birds.
http://msucares.com/poultry/diseases/disparas.htm

X2. Vermisol, which contains Levimisole, is also very effective against crop worms: http://www.thepoultrysite.com/diseaseinfo/42/cropworms

Vermisol: http://www.jedds.com/-strse-1524/Vermisol/Detail.bok

I found the bag of feed I used to cure my hens...this DID work.
It worked because they had a bacterial infection that was sensitive to the medication in it *and* they ate it, lol. That feed will not cure all bacterial infections and it will not treat worms or protozoan diseases. -Kathy

Last edited:
I GIVE UP!! This place is negative. I cured them from WHATEVER they had wrong. My vet did not examine them. I did the best I could with what I knew to do. They lived and that is what matters to me.

I GIVE UP!!  This place is negative. I cured them from WHATEVER they had wrong. My vet did not examine them. I did the best I could with what I knew to do. They lived and that is what matters to me.
dont give up :) Some of us are learning as we go, others have the gift of many years. I was under a silly impression that chickebst were quite easy and pretty much take care of themselves. I read books, many articles, and many forums and

...how rude it didn't let me finish. AND I feel like everything that could possibly go wrong in one year is. But I'm learning and even though I find chickens to be the most difficult animal for me to raise personally I wouldn't trade it for the world. Its quite rewarding when I get it right (too bad I dont get it the first go around) I owe quite a few of you many thanks for all the advice :)

I GIVE UP!! This place is negative. I cured them from WHATEVER they had wrong. My vet did not examine them. I did the best I could with what I knew to do. They lived and that is what matters to me.
Not negative. Just trying to nail down what you used to treat your birds. There are many medications that can used to treat sick birds, some better than others. Also there are certain medications for specific diseases that may or may not work depending on what disease it is. Since you used aureomycin and it worked, that tells us that your birds couldve had an ecoli infection, or mycoplasma diseases, fowl cholera, enteritis or a couple of other diseases that I cant remember.
Ecoli bacteria can cause death, it is a slow killer if it takes over the chickens system. If treated early with baytril in combination with probios, poultry nutri drench, and the sick bird is tube fed, chances of recovery are good.
Fowl Cholera is a reportable disease if I'm not mistaken. I've never dealt with it.
There are 2 types of mycoplasma diseases that chickens can get and are very common; mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) aka CRD, and mycoplasma synoviae (MS.) Both diseases can present strains mild to severe. Preferred treatments are tylan, baytril and denagard. They are more potent and effective than aureomycin and other soluable powders.
Enteritis is a possibility that your birds may have had. I havnt dealt with it, cant help you there.
In any case, the aureomycin worked for you and that's what counts. Good luck with your birds.

This sounds like a winter plan... I have 30 birds and am getting at least a doz eggs a day, and you have to not use the eggs for how long? 10 days after?

Back
Top Bottom