Found something very odd in my egg Any Clues???

Habibs Hens

Cream Legbar Keeper
7 Years
Mar 31, 2012
London, UK
My Coop
My Coop
I was candling my eggs today they are 14 days in the making :) yay

one egg struck me as very odd

its defo looks like DIS

but what is this I found can anyone explain

it looks like an air bubble of some sort

its defo not detached air cell as air cell is intact at top plus these are my own eggs not shipped

I have never seen it before

are you sure its deceased. I say this because my air sac are scary looking and almost tossed them thinking nothing could be alive in there and then one moved. i thought i was seeing thing but no it took me half an hour to check these eggs and they are alive. don't know if they will hatch. and you air sack i can't really see it uo close it looks like it was developing hence the question are you really sure.
i will start a thread on the air sacs that i have in my eggs

all my other eggs from the same hen are showing great red veining

the eggs are cream so its easy to candle them and my Candler is a Brinsea High intensity

The other eggs are also showing veining and movement

this egg showed Veining 2 days ago when I candled

Today

no veins, no movement, and that weird blob on the side

its something I never seen before and defo looks odd at least

I have my doubts its alive but I left it for now

btw I have 47 eggs incubating right now and they are all good except this one so that's 46 good all developing and then this that's confused me

Last edited:
sorry to be a pain but i just done a bit of research it is found commonly in young layers and that they usually hatch OK
heres some picture is this what you saw

sorry to be a pain but i just done a bit of research it is found commonly in young layers and that they usually hatch OK
heres some picture is this what you saw

no your not being a pain

my hen is not a young layer she is way over a year maybe 2

what your image shows is an air cell (plus I see very nice Veining so your egg is defo alive)
although your air cell looks detached (does it wobble about the egg as you rotate it?)

my egg that's not the air cell as the air cell is intact

its something else and no other egg is showing it

Last edited:
Here are a few pics of my Eggs for comparison

Note the Air cell is good and lots of red veins plus you can see into the egg easily (chick is doing well)

Note the Air cell is good and lots of red veins and slight darker area is chick bobbing around plus you can see into the egg easily (chick is doing well)

This is the same egg as 1st post but this time candled on blunt end. Note the Air cell is looking how it should and it does not move when egg is moved
but the Egg is dark cannot see into it as the others, no veins and that weird air bubble on side.

i was showing that picture aa a comparison how do you take your pictures then i can show you what mine look like

i was showing that picture aa a comparison how do you take your pictures then i can show you what mine look like

ah right

there are 2 ways to take pictures

one is rest the egg on the Candler as in pos1 (much easier to do with a brinsea over view)

other way as I have shown in post 7 is to rest the Candler on top of the egg as it lays in the incubator and snap the picture

Back
Top Bottom