Found this little guy on the side of highway :(

Awww how precious! She looks so happy and sweet :love I think rather than laying their heads on my lap, my geese would prefer to destroy the house lol. Pretty sure my female thinks she's a woodpecker too! Hence why mine are outdoor geese :rolleyes:
So glad you were able to give her a loving home. I hope you two enjoy many more years together!

Stunning bird! Kudos to you for rescuing it! Agree it is an embden cross, likely with grey toulouse. Also agree it has a female appearance, but that level of attachment usually occurs more with males. You'll know for sure soon enough. :)

Hope you can find it a goose friend. Enjoy your new precious friend!

Cute and sweet goose. Have you checked anywhere to see if someone is missing it? In my limited experience, geese are not so people friendly naturally. Someone must have put time and love into taming it.

Thinking the same thing.

Someone has to be looking for it.

If it was mine I would be sick with worry.

Please do check with your humane society, feed stores and farm stores at least.

It could have been let out by accident....a gate not latched correctly....a horse or goat knocking fencing down....a predator that broke in and this one got away....a kid tending the animals etc.

Stunning bird! Kudos to you for rescuing it! Agree it is an embden cross, likely with grey toulouse. Also agree it has a female appearance, but that level of attachment usually occurs more with males. You'll know for sure soon enough. :)

Hope you can find it a goose friend. Enjoy your new precious friend!
Thank you :) I named her lucky, I told my husband we needed to get her a friend. She’s taking up to my chickens very well

Have you tried looking around houses by the highway to see if s/he belongs to anyone? If that were my goose I'd be very worried. Def tamed. Hopefully you find the owners and if you don't, good job on rescuing her.
There are no houses around it was all woods for miles and miles... I’ve looked on our local lost & found & nothing..

Back
Top Bottom