Found two eggs yesterday from our ducks

So far we were really lucky here: Our ducks have over 5000sqft to roam and there would be plenty of hidden spots to hide a clutch of eggs, but everybody is laying their eggs in the duck-house. They have built several nests that they share and i have equipped every nest with a wooden egg to remind them where to lay. So far that agreement has worked out fine.
Love the idea of a wooden egg. I checked again last night and I did find one egg buried in the nest that one of them had created. It was very small and round. Used it this morning in scrabbled eggs and when I cracked it open there was a large yolk and not a lot of fluid.

Thanks for all the comments. I am thinking they are hiding them and I just do not know where they are. Silly Ducks

Well today I asked my son to go and check for eggs. Either he did not look hard enough or one of the girls decided to lay an egg right after he left. We found one in the nest they created. It is even bigger than the first one.

I am thinking that had to hurt..
679B84E4-A883-49F2-93A0-6A794D1C8C92.jpeg

Well today I asked my son to go and check for eggs. Either he did not look hard enough or one of the girls decided to lay an egg right after he left. We found one in the nest they created. It is even bigger than the first one.

I am thinking that had to hurt..View attachment 1845963
One of my Indian Runners (Katharina), who is usually very vocal and very cheeky on one day was a very quiet very hidden duck and she was walking strange. When i collected the eggs i knew why: She must have laid that goose-egg, i found, over 100 grams (4oz) and it had three yolks… So yes, sometimes laying eggs does hurt our ducks.

One of my Indian Runners (Katharina), who is usually very vocal and very cheeky on one day was a very quiet very hidden duck and she was walking strange. When i collected the eggs i knew why: She must have laid that goose-egg, i found, over 100 grams (4oz) and it had three yolks… So yes, sometimes laying eggs does hurt our ducks.
WOW!

:eek::eek:

Back
Top Bottom