Found Worms in Chicken Poop!!! How to Treat it!?!?

Cr8zy4Chicks

Chirping
Mar 10, 2017
Central Florida
I dont have any pictures, but I found 2 large worms in one of my chickens poop. I have all ages in my flock and over 30 birds so there is no way to tell who has it.

How do I go about treating the whole flock? This is my first time dealing with this in three years and I want to stop it now before every bird is infested

Thanks!

Before jumping to conclusions, compare the worms you saw with the ones on this diagram. https://www.dummies.com/home-garden/hobby-farming/raising-chickens/parasitic-worms-in-chickens/

Were the ones you saw in the poop moving? Were they very slender, looking like wispy thread or string? Any segments or were they all whole?

Safeguard for goats is a very good all purpose wormer for poultry.

They were thin and long and moving extremely slow, but they were alive, I'm thinking it is probably roundworm from what I have seen

Can you post some photos of what you saw?

If it's Roundworms, use Safeguard (Fenbendazole) 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeat in 10 days.
If you suspect it's other types of worms or want to treat more types of worms then give the Safeguard for 5 days in a row.

Can you catch each bird at night when they go to roost to treat them separately?

Maybe have a holding area to put one in after you treat and grab the next?

Back
Top Bottom