Four week olds, do you spot a roo? (UPDATED with 5 week photos)

annefb

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2017
College Station, TX
(Updated with 5 week pics at the bottom) I'm pretty sure I do, but I'm not an expert at all and fairly new to chickens, so... do I see what I think I do? And do you see any more suspicious ones? Thanks!!

RIR

White Rocks ( four different chicks)

Cream legbars (3 of them)

Partridge rock... I think?

SL Wyandottes (4)

Last edited:
They are young yet but your RIR is a rooster and some of your silver laced Wyandotte look suspicious but they can be hard to sex. In a few more weeks it should be more evident.

Well the RIR is not shy about coming out as a cockerel is he! What a comb at just 4 weeks! There is no disputing his gender.
Nothing else is looking obvious at this stage but the shanks on that Partridge Rock (if that's what it is) are pretty substantial for a pullet. What does the comb look like. You can't see in that photo.
In fact close ups of all the combs will give you the best idea of gender at this age.... Any with pink or red combs are likely to be male, female combs will remain yellow/orange for at least a couple of months..

I am just posting pics of the SLWs as those are the ones I'm not certain about. 5 weeks. I am fairly positive #2 is a pullet, but not sure about the others.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom