Four wk GLW. *Update* Everyone thought all boys. 2 girls! See post 27

I'm trying to figure out if my GLW's are roos, too. If they are, I'll have 2 to give away, too. Ugh. How old were they when you got them? Mine are only a couple of weeks old (I think) and one sprouted wattles overnight. Not read but definitely fleshy little bits under there.

That's where I got mine, too. I hesitated because they were in the straight run bin but then I thought, 'BUT THEY'RE SO FUZZZYYYYYY'. I knew going into it that this was likely to happen but I got them anyway. lol And isn't it a shame because GLW roos are GORGEOUS!!!! Are you able to keep any of them? They're illegal here.
sad.png

They're not illegal here, but we already have one roo and probably won't have enough pullets with the new babies to warrant another roo. We have a bit of a space issue.
tongue.png
We need a bigger coop and DH isn't super thrilled about modifying the one he built just last year.

Here they are at about 7 weeks. At this point I'm hopeful that I have two pullets. What do you think?
Sorry about the headshot-only pics. They were not at all excited about being photographed and put up quite the hissy fit!
The two suspected pullets have smaller combs and wattles than the roos. It's kind of hard to tell in the pics, of course.

Roo, for sure.
50603_img_0781.jpg

Roo
50603_img_0782.jpg

Maybe a pullet?
50603_img_0779.jpg

Maybe a pullet?
50603_img_0783.jpg

Back
Top Bottom