Fowl Pox or something else??

Firstly, shes not in anyway "locked up" She has a coop and 2 big runs with space to dig and dirt bathe. Shes also recovering from an attack and needs to be kept separate from the rest because they have been attacking her and keeping her from eating or drinking since being re-introduced. Shes only been back outside now for 4 days, since then I've received several advice tips that agree slowly reintroducing her is best for her injuries as well as letting the others get used to her again. She is completely bald on her entire back and under her wings and the entire back of her neck is just now regrowing skin. Shes in bad shape, and now this new problem is making her recovery even more of an issue. I've also read that if she has fowl pox to keep her separate so not to infect the other birds, none of them present any of the same signs of this virus and I'd like to minimize this outbreak if I can for the health of my flock. I am not a pinhead that would simply force any undue stress onto any of my birds. So thanks but no thanks for the non advice.
No need to get ugly....none of these details where known.

But still...if it is fowl pox, it's not, the other birds have already been exposed.

For the future...it's really best for everyone if you continue with only one thread about a particular bird.

It would be easier for not only you but having all of the details in ONE thread makes it easier for helpers.

No need to get ugly....none of these details where known.

But still...if it is fowl pox, it's not, the other birds have already been exposed.

I'm not sure what expertise you have on fowl pox but I've been closely monitoring her every day and I'm consistently seeing an increase in these lesions on her face. Everything I've read is pointing me to the conclusion that it is in fact fowl pox and the advice I got on here as well as poultrydvm.com says to isolate the affected bird to minimize the spread of the virus. I am not doing anything to stress her out. In fact shes improved ten fold since her attack.
Also I'm new to this group and have been keeping track of my threads so not to confuse anyone, in the future I'll just keep one going I guess. I made the mistake thinking my tags on each post grouped them, I guess that's not the case.
Calling anyone's intentions into question is not helpful whatsoever. Advice is sought here not judgement. I'm not being ugly I'm being truthful.

Can you post any new pictures of the spots? The first pics did not appear to be pox to me, but it can look different in every case if you look at a lot of pictures.

Back
Top Bottom