Fowl Pox vaccination

Ch1cken Tender

Songster
Jul 22, 2023
221A Baker Street 😉
How does one vaccinate one day old chicks? I have a broody hen who has been infected and the eggs she is incubating are on day 15. Should I toss the eggs to prevent them suffering the virus or can I vaccinate them when they hatch? If I can vaccinate, please detail exactly how, with which vaccine, and your success rate in doing so. Any encouraging ideas are welcome 😊.

How does one vaccinate one day old chicks? I have a broody hen who has been infected and the eggs she is incubating are on day 15. Should I toss the eggs to prevent them suffering the virus or can I vaccinate them when they hatch? If I can vaccinate, please detail exactly how, with which vaccine, and your success rate in doing so. Any encouraging ideas are welcome 😊.
From what I read, you can't vaccinate chicks for fowl pox until they are 12-16 weeks.

One source of several I read is Meyer Hatchery.

Per this thread here, those eggs are most-likely already infected.

From what I read, you can't vaccinate chicks for fowl pox until they are 12-16 weeks.

One source of several I read is Meyer Hatchery.

Per this thread here, those eggs are most-likely already infected.
Thank you! I found roughly the same thing in my searching, except for an article on this website and a few very confusing studies. If I do find a way to vaccinate day olds; can an infected chick be vaccinated?

Back
Top Bottom