Fowlpox and scared :( pic on page 2

Thank you VERY much for the info :) I am keeping a very close eye on them and reading n' learning all I can. This is my very first year keeping fowls. I wanted a goat but decided I have my hands full :) They seem less lathargic this morning, but it's still early. Is it possible to get sick from them? After handeling them yesterday I am super sick today. Can I get a bird flu, or sinus infect from them?
Nope, not unless you are a chicken too. Sometimes the pox can make them feel a little less perky too and now at least they should build an immunity to it and not have it again.

This is Bertha, she has these spots worse then any other in my flock. She acts perfectly fine though not lethargic but obviously she is sick :(
(I could only get pic to post sideways, she is being held in my arms not by neck as how it looks, I was just holding her still for her photo)

Last edited:
I live north of Dallas, and my flock, too, has recently shown signs of fowl pox. I have been searching the threads here on Backyard Chickens, and have found a lot of great information! Never had this problem before, but this has been a banner year so far for mosquitos (been worrying about my horses coming down with West Nile Virus, since that has a 30% mortality rate in equines), so somehow I am not surprised--there are a lot of small flocks in this area.

I wish us both luck in our fowl pox experience!
D.gif

Well, everyone is acting normal this evening, and I am feeling better about their recovery :fl I sure hope everyone else's flocks recover soon as well :hugs I'll let ya'll know if there is any changes ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom