Fowltemptress' Poultry Presents: Board Games

No one will play scrabble with me.☹️ love scrabble everyone I know except my grandmother finds it boring.
What? Scrabble was a staple in my family growing up. It's hard getting them to play anything other than Scrabble!

Heya, I've decided to add some fun to this thread and feature a weekly game! I'm not going to pick a specific day - I'm too scatterbrained to stick to one - but once a week I'll be sure to post. Well, at least until I run out of games! These will all be from my personal games shelf, and the models showcasing the games will all be close, personal friends of mine. 😉

The first game featured on Board Games Galore is Survive: Escape From Atlantis!

20230714_114922.jpg

People who enjoy the "meanness" of Catan will love this game. And unlike Catan, this game never drags on forever! In this game you're island inhabitants desperately trying to escape a sinking island, but there are limited escape boats and the waters are filled with monsters, sharks, and whales. Oh my! Not everyone can make it, so darn the women and children, it's everyone for themselves! You'll be steering opponents into the open maws of sea monsters and using whales to destroy their boats as you attempt to get as many of your own people to safety as possible. Personally, my muscovies don't understand why being dumped into water could be a bad thing. Certainly my drake, Putin, is more than a match for a hungry shark!

20230714_114856.jpg

The game presenter, Putin, is my favorite Muscovy drake. He came from Metzers and weighs close to 20 lbs, which makes him awkward with the much smaller girls. Unfortunately, he seems to think I'm more his size, so walking into the duck area has become a harrowing experience. Picture the music from Jaws: duh dun, duh dun, duhdunduhdunduhdun . . .
Okay, now replace that music with the sound of Putin approaching: hiss hsss, hiss hsss, hisshssshisshsshisshsss . . .
There are few things quite as terrifying, I tell ya.

Last edited:
Our favorites here are Blokus, Exploding Kittens, SkipBo, and Uno. We have tons of games though. I personally prefer ones that have a strategy to them and aren't just "luck of the draw".
Exploding Kittens is my favorite of the ones listed.

Back
Top Bottom