Fox Attack!

Tape

Chirping
Oct 20, 2020
Greetings,

Tonight, we had three foxes attack our ducks. Three died, four were injured, and one is still missing. Most of the injury's are fairly mild, but one duck had most of the skin on its neck ripped off, and sustained two puncture wounds to the side. The puncture wounds are very shallow, and did not puncture anything, but the neck is more worrying. Every thing is intact, but where the neck joins the body, there is a much deeper wound. Again, every thing looks intact. We have irrigated the wounds with saline, and much of the bleeding has stopped. We wrapped everything in gauze and wrapped that in curlex tape, but I am wondering if there is anything more we can do for her. Please help.

:welcome Sorry for your loss, sounds like you have taken the right action. I would also use some type of triple antibiotic ointment for the open wounds and try to keep everything clean and dry to help the wounds from being infected. Hope she recovers quickly, Best of luck. :)

Should I give them water over night. Right now they don't have any food or water. Should I put some in with them?

As horrific of an event this was, were your ducks attacked outside of a protective enclosure? I would be guessing a mommy fox showing her two pups how to hunt and will return. :(

Back
Top Bottom