Fox attack? :(

UPDATE: He looks so much better. all his wounds have closed up and he is quacking and drinking more.
i think ill put him outside for tonight because he seems okay...any recommendations?

UPDATE: He looks so much better. all his wounds have closed up and he is quacking and drinking more.
i think ill put him outside for tonight because he seems okay...any recommendations?
If he is in a secure house and pen and it's warm he maybe okay, but remember what ever got him is just waiting for another chance. So very secure pen and house for Bubby. and so very thankful he is perking up, I'm sure his neck is sore and painful. Now remember what Amiga said about flies if they get on his wounds and lay their eggs you'll have maggots to deal with and they will kill Bubby too. So if you can't keep flies off of him He's be better off inside till completely healed.

owleyes22, with the greatest respect and care for you, I want to say as clearly as I can, I would absolutely not put him outside tonight. Or tomorrow night. Or the next night. Until his wounds are healed up.

And I would also say, he needs a more secure night shelter. That fox will be back. It knows about Bubby, it knows your habits. It has time to study the cage that Bubby is in and try to break into it. Is the cage going to withstand an animal pulling at it, poking at it, all night while you are asleep? If it is that sturdy, that is wonderful, bravo! If it is not, I think it would be cruel to put Bubby at risk like that.

owleyes22, I just had to stop by and check on this one as buddy was in my thoughts all night and I have been reading
all the feed back you have been receiving from yesterday all good stuff and buddy to hear he is quacking great
sign to recovery now remember a duck is much more resultant then a chicken they are a tuff little animal and I
have had a lot of them over the years the kaki Campbell and the Peking Ducks are my favorite to raise as they
are so hardy all around... Now when mine are hurt as all will in the back yard from time to time I always put them
in the wash room as my boys and others wont go in there ( something to do with work I think ) and this laves it
the quietest and come room and it is always warm due to the water heater so this why I put the hurt animals in
that room and I always put a little sugar in the water but to each his own and some medicated chick starter but
never do I let them out before a seven days have passed due to fly's or other unforeseen circumstances like a
injury I had not noticed, Time to recover is very important and full recovery massive importance.... And please
no more plucking of feathers this is like some one puling out your hair always cut one at a time easy.....
I will be checking back to see how buddy is recovering as we all hope for .... Keep up updated ......
Enjoy your weekend God bless .......

gander007
Death Valley California

UPDATE: Bubby ate his food and he is drinking and walking! his neck is still sore and he rests it on his body still but otherwise he is okay!

I have 2 exams today so i will not be on very much nor will i be able to look after bubby so he is secure in his pen and the moment since noone is home to care for him and we dont want him pooping all over the house...

The pen/ cage is very secure. its home made and the mesh wiring is strong with no holes. there was an opening at the top but it has been closed up because of the attack. He will only be there during the day and last night the fox didn't come... but if it does we will know about it...

Thanks for the great advice guys! :D

UPDATE: Bubby ate his food and he is drinking and walking! his neck is still sore and he rests it on his body still but otherwise he is okay!

I have 2 exams today so i will not be on very much nor will i be able to look after bubby so he is secure in his pen and the moment since noone is home to care for him and we dont want him pooping all over the house...

The pen/ cage is very secure. its home made and the mesh wiring is strong with no holes. there was an opening at the top but it has been closed up because of the attack. He will only be there during the day and last night the fox didn't come... but if it does we will know about it...

Thanks for the great advice guys! :D
Thank you for updating, good luck on your exams.
smile.png

He is resting his beak under his feathers this is the best sign of a great
recovery being made ..... I do not know about your local laws but some
places have some kind of local or federal trapper who will do a cage
trap and take the fox away and release it in a safe environment ........
Like Miss Lydia said good luck on your exams .......

gander007

Back
Top Bottom