Fox attack? :(

okay so the vet was full today but we are booking an appointment tomorrow. Bubby looks heaps better and all the maggots are completely gone from one wound and we have just flushed both wounds out with methylated spirits. he is picking the maggots out with his beak so that seems good i think...
I hope you can get him in today. Glad to hear he is looking heaps better, what is methylated spirits?

methylated spirits =alcohol
smile.png
Ouch I bet that burns. How is Bubby doing today?

All the maggots are gone I think... He seems very happy and he's having a bath.
big_smile.png

He's itching the maggot spot xD
What a cutie, glad to hear they are all gone but you know as long as his wound is open and he's outside this can get out of hand again. you maybe able to find something at the feed store to put on his wounds that will keep the flies off of him while he is healing, they have stuff here.

I am so glad that bubby is doing better
clap.gif
I've been following for support, and the education. These two ladies are awesome human beings. And bubby is a lucky duck.
yippiechickie.gif

What a cutie, glad to hear they are all gone but you know as long as his wound is open and he's outside this can get out of hand again. you maybe able to find something at the feed store to put on his wounds that will keep the flies off of him while he is healing, they have stuff here.
I agree with Miss Lydia, owleyes, and I wanted to tell you how glad I am that he seems better. Please do not slack off on his care. They heal quickly, but not immediately. And did you get to the vet?

Well guys, thanks for the support!
We are keeping him inside much to mums discomfort.
Dad says the wound is closing up and we won't need the vet if we keep applyimg alcohol to the wound to prevent further infection.
I really would like to go to the vet but dad insists we don't...
He is acting much healthier and eating more than ever. He wants to be outside but we will wait for the wounds to heal.

Thanks again!

Yep I do agree if you stop putting alcohol on the wound it will
dry up and the wound will seal in about a week or so just keep
the fly's off Bubby and give him time he will be running around
and quacking up the place again best of luck ......

gander007

Back
Top Bottom