Fox habits

A coyote? But his color was a bright red. I don't think he was over 15 pounds. and that's pushing it. The next morning his head appeared over the bank and our rooster puffed up and went towards him. Could have been interesting but one of the hens was on his heels so I yelled and ran at it.
I have shelties so that is what I was comparing him to. Body maybe same size as our smallest but a lot skinnier, but his legs were longer. Our largest sheltie is 16" and this animal was about the same, at most an inch taller. (But maybe he looked taller because he was so thin?)

I imagine that a fox will get up in the cage and the tail will keep the door from locking down. He will then back right out with the bait. If you keep losing the bait and door is down, then he was too long for cage. He needs to be able to stand in there (tail and all). as for bait, I use table scraps, broken eggs. basically, a platter of choices for him!

Foot hold trap be very careful he'll be pretty mad and just shot it if u use fox pee as bait a fox or coyote could b there beacuse the both burry there food and pee on the top dirt so dig a small hole then put fox pee on the loosened top dirt keep your smell off the trap they will smell even the smallest trace of human scent

Thanks for the info! I will let my DH read. Need to see if our trap is too small for the fox. He wasn't huge, but was long, the tail being as long as his body. Don't have any fox pee. I was going to use old sausage we have in freezer as bait. We will use what we have tonight and see what happens. Will get back with you!
smile.png

A red fox in my area won't go near a live trap/box trap we have to trap with a leg hold as described above, fox are smart and not overly willing to go in a cage. Look up fox trapping dirt hole set you should find plenty of info

A red fox in my area won't go near a live trap/box trap we have to trap with a leg hold as described above, fox are smart and not overly willing to go in a cage. Look up fox trapping dirt hole set you should find plenty of info

We figured the live trap wouldn't work, but we tried it any way. Caught the cat!!!!
roll.png
I will look up fox trapping info. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom