Fox? I'm thinking Bobcat... ***Pics added***

Quote:
I hope you are not seriously planning on drowning it? I know it killed something of yours, but it was only following its instincts and deserves a humane death (which drowning is not). You need to have someone come and shoot it.

Drowning is a perfectly acceptable method of doing away with them in my part of the woods. Some people I know prefer to attach a vaccum hose to their exhaust and put a tarp over the trap then gas them for about ten minutes or so. Good luck.

Although I don't approve of drowning, sometimes people have no other option.

The drowning discussion pops up everytime it is mentioned and almost always ends in an argument or a mod stepping in. So, let's just drop it.

hmm.png
I'm going to say bobcat also. I've had them quite often here in NY. The ones I've had usually just leave a pile of feathers, but I lost four hens in one day to one. I don't think you need to worry about your kids though. Bobcats are very timid and if they don't want to be seen you won't see them. In fact I have one in the neighborhood right now. He's been spotted several times, but seems to be leaving my free range girls alone. It helps if you have a roo! I tried going without a roo for a couple of years, and that's when I lost some of my girls. I haven't lost one since I got another roo!!!!!
roll.png

I really don't know much about predators although I have them too. We have a trapper working with us right now and he has also mentioned Mountain Lion.

I thought he was joking but he said there was some caught just about 10 miles from my place.

Hope you catch it.

Back
Top Bottom