Fox in the yard!!

The trap has never been sprung and empty in the mornings when we have gone to check it... We lived trapped 3 in the trap..the other times it was baited and not touched..I think they just did not come back. Very crafty..I close it of course during the day so my chickens would not get in it if I free ranged them that day or whatever...the dog... of course. Neighbors cat....etc. :} Although I have seen the carnage these critters can do...chewed the head right off my Muscovy drake....and two turkeys as well....to see them in the trap cowering and biting the cage is still difficult for me. I usually cover it with a tarp and let the husband deal with it. I did that with a skunk too..in the trap. That is difficult. A squirrel and coon that had the misfortune to got in the trap died on their own...stress..heat...whatever. It is an ongoing battle at the house...they just keep coming. I do not know if one can access my dpwnload pics? but the pic of the fox the husband recoverd the other day is on there...very large critter. It is graphic though.

Last edited:
Thanks...will do. There use to be a gal called FoxTrapperSteph on here...I was on here years ago under a different screen name... forgot all that stuff and did not have it written down...I looked for her but her screen name did not pop up. She told me how to trap....and that they (fox) are difficult to lure into a live trap...I guess we got lucky or they were really hungry.

me again:

maybe if you put a good amount of brushy stuff around the live trap, to look more comfy and less suspicious. but, we know we can't put so much that the trap doesn't fnxn.

????

Quote:
there is a fella up in canada goes by steph he makes a pretty good fox lure he is on a coupla of the trapping BBS's grey fox are quiet easy to cage trap the trap needs to be fairly large . red fox are much easier to trap with coil spring traps.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom