Fox? *slightly graphic description*

I did add it after they said something, I had originally meant to put it in, but it completely slipped my mind, thankfully BYC is one of the few sites where it's nice and easy to edit things like that. Yes, it may be in a predator/pest forum, and so graphics should be relatively expected, but in today's world, you have to be a bit more careful than I was originally.

My suggestion is, if you have a game camera, put it up and see what is roaming around on your property. When I first put mine up, I was surprised at the predators that roam here especially at night. We have had some daytime predators too. Here I baited a trap for a few days and let the fox take the bait and then set the trap and caught the fox. It was coming out during the day and killed my most special bird while I was out painting on the coops. Often times they lurk looking for an opportunity when you least expect it. Good luck and I hope you catch your killer because it will be back. Since I have eliminated the fox that has killed my birds I have seen others on my cameras but they have not bothered the birds. If they do they will be eliminated. A coyote dug the hole that is in between the traps. I had put a dead bird in as bait. It would not go into the trap and instead tried to dig under it.
View attachment 2174487View attachment 2174489View attachment 2174494

My suggestion is, if you have a game camera, put it up and see what is roaming around on your property. When I first put mine up, I was surprised at the predators that roam here especially at night. We have had some daytime predators too. Here I baited a trap for a few days and let the fox take the bait and then set the trap and caught the fox. It was coming out during the day and killed my most special bird while I was out painting on the coops. Often times they lurk looking for an opportunity when you least expect it. Good luck and I hope you catch your killer because it will be back. Since I have eliminated the fox that has killed my birds I have seen others on my cameras but they have not bothered the birds. If they do they will be eliminated. A coyote dug the hole that is in between the traps. I had put a dead bird in as bait. It would not go into the trap and instead tried to dig under it.
View attachment 2174487View attachment 2174489View attachment 2174494

I think we still have a game camera lying around here somewhere... now just to find it. And traps should be out soon. We've got plenty of them since we bought a bunch after a weasel took residence in our coops a few years back. As far as locking them up more... that's not possible, they are set up to be free-range 100% of the time(other than being in the coop at night, but I wouldn't dare lock them up in there during the day). But of course, we expect losses, and they'd do better if they'd learn to stay out of the bushes a bit more.

I would drop the word graphic in its entirely. "Slightly description" would do.

Eh, just leave it how it is. (Not being rude or anything. But what's the big deal on a title? It is a little graphic for some people. And then the OP won't get in trouble if someone starts saying "you should have said it was graphic!!!! Bla bla bla".) :):):)

Eh, just leave it how it is. (Not being rude or anything. But what's the big deal on a title? It is a little graphic for some people. And then the OP won't get in trouble if someone starts saying "you should have said it was graphic!!!! Bla bla bla".) :):):)
All predator and disease related posts should be graphic to ensure enough usable information. Otherwise a waste of time and efforts should end with the "I am sorry for your loss" and "sorry I do not know enough to help you".

All predator and disease related posts should be graphic to ensure enough usable information. Otherwise a waste of time and efforts should end with the "I am sorry for your loss" and "sorry I do not know enough to help you".

Yeah, agreed. Let's just leave it at that.

Years ago when we lived at a different property and free ranged we had a few daytime fox attacks. I can think of 3 hens who lived to tell the tale. All had bite wounds and missing feathers, but they recovered. Several others weren't so lucky, including our handsome rooster "Colonel".

Back
Top Bottom