Fox story with a happy ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Ditto.

I agree.
I would have thought a happy ending is where the fox was foiled by a secure run, gave up and left. Chickens and fox live another day.

I agree with Pet duck and Emzy - looks like this was a female? If so, she most likely had kits somewhere. We have lots of denning foxes -- and coyotes -- in our area; our coop is in our 8' high chain link, and the coop/run itself is double-wired, including the top. We also have broken glass in one corner on the outside of the chain link that seemed to be vulnerable.. And we have three dogs that can and do get in between the coop and the chain link. I'm not saying that at some point we may loose a chicken to a fox but we've made it difficult. I have neighbors within 1/8 mile of me to the east and west and they also have placed their coops in 'defensive' positions. None of us have ever shot a fox. Besides, it would be illegal - we live in a no-shoot zone.

Quote:
Ditto.

I agree.
I would have thought a happy ending is where the fox was foiled by a secure run, gave up and left. Chickens and fox live another day.

Agreed.

Folks as others have said This IS Predators and Pests.. I understand that yes a warning would have been nice.. But this is the section where these things happen.. And on a side note I think that at least two people that have commented about not wanting to see it have been asked Many times to just not read this section of the forum, and to not post..

I find it very rude that you all see the need to post negative on someone elses post when you have been told that this is what this section is for..

Folks as others have said This IS Predators and Pests.. I understand that yes a warning would have been nice.. But this is the section where these things happen.. And on a side note I think that at least two people that have commented about not wanting to see it have been asked Many times to just not read this section of the forum, and to not post..

I find it very rude that you all see the need to post negative on someone elses post when you have been told that this is what this section is for..

Agreed​

Quote:
With all due respect, the section isn't always apparent. I entered this thread via the "Recent Topics" section, at the bottom of the index. The sections aren't listed, just the thread title. The title of this thread is worded such, that those who are opposed to this sort of "predator control" wouldn't expect to see it. Perhaps a better choice of wording in the title would have kept folks who don't like to see this sort of thing, away from this thread.

Last edited:
Quote:
With all due respect, the section isn't always apparent. I entered this thread via the "Recent Topics" section, at the bottom up the index. The sections aren't listed, just the thread title. The title of this thread is worded such, that those who are opposed to this sort of "predator control" wouldn't expect to see it. Perhaps a better choice of wording in the title would have kept folks who don't like to see this sort of thing, away from this thread.

If you read correctly i agree that a warning is needed ..

But yes you can see what section it is in from the Recent posts section..( Look to the right of the Title) I always look at what section it is so I know what the Op is righting about.. I dont wish to argue .. i just wish that folks woul;d be more respectful to eachother in this section.. Its hurt me to see so many nasty replies on what can be a very tough decision for some folks..

Last edited:
Quote:
With all due respect, the section isn't always apparent. I entered this thread via the "Recent Topics" section, at the bottom up the index. The sections aren't listed, just the thread title. The title of this thread is worded such, that those who are opposed to this sort of "predator control" wouldn't expect to see it. Perhaps a better choice of wording in the title would have kept folks who don't like to see this sort of thing, away from this thread.

If you read correctly i agree that a warning is needed ..

But yes you can see what section it is in from the Recent posts section..( Look to the right of the Title) I always look at what section it is so I know what the Op is righting about.. I dont wish to argue .. i just wish that folks woul;d be more respectful to eachother in this section.. Its hurt me to see so many nasty replies on what can be a very tough decision for some folks..

The recent posts section at the bottom of the index page does not list sections. To see the section on recent posts, you need to go to the "recent post page" linked from the top of the index page. Perhaps the forum admin can include the sections on the botom of the index page as well, to avoid this sort of thing in the future.

I didn't purposefully enter the Predators and Pests section. It was not my intent to be rude, I just stated my opinion regarding the thread title in regards to the picture. I don't think it was anything that could be construed as nasty. I agree with your assessment that a warning would have been helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom