Fox trouble

I know, i was asking if people are allowed to own firearms where he lives, i think i have heard that people cannot own any kind of firearm at all, which means there is no way to get rid of the problem. Life is a funny journey and it seems the entire human race has lost complete sense of itself, it just completely baffles me at the total lack of common sense nowadays...of course we only have ourselves to blame for our complete de-evolution!!!

There is a reason we are at the top of the food chain....lol

But in the disney world everyone lives in now...it seems it has been forgotten.
That's completely unconstitutional. Our country was founded with the right to bare arms!!! I don't currently own a gun myself due to young children in my home among other things, but my entire family are hunters & I got my 1st real gun (a double action 410 with the break-down barrel) for Christmas 8 days after my 10th birthday. I had been using BB guns for a good 5-6 yrs before that. I would not live anywhere that I was not permitted to have a gun if I so chose.

That's completely unconstitutional. Our country was founded with the right to bare arms!!! I don't currently own a gun myself due to young children in my home among other things, but my entire family are hunters & I got my 1st real gun (a double action 410 with the break-down barrel) for Christmas 8 days after my 10th birthday. I had been using BB guns for a good 5-6 yrs before that. I would not live anywhere that I was not permitted to have a gun if I so chose.
I agree 100% gal...there are people in this country that would like to see that happen...so unbelievable..but true!!!

I agree 100% gal...there are people in this country that would like to see that happen...so unbelievable..but true!!!
Good thing where I am is mostly farm country & woods. People round here wouldn't know what to do without their guns!!! Don't think we will have a problem with very many people wanting to ban guns round here any time soon
cool.png

Hi all,

Ha ha, well may you laugh, i must admit you have made me giggle. I would love to deal with the problem the way you can. Yes we can own shotguns on a special licence and lots of rules and regulations. I myself do not have one. You are lucky in a lot of ways where you live. At least you are able to deal with problems like this.
Unfortunately the best we can do is clay pigeon shooting, not quite the same.

Thanks
Jacquie

Saw Mr fox this morning hanging around in the bushes.
Wish i lived somewhere like you all. Sound like you have plenty of room. We are so limited here, not just with dealing with foxes but sometimes i think we live in a totally concrete world. My only bit of space is the school field where the animals are. Suppose thats why i like it so much. My own back garden is only 30ft long, not much land there lol.

NITE GUARD or NITE EYES - These devices work! I can't tell you why, it doesn't seem they would work, but the DO!
For instance, we have lost two, 4 bird flocks, one by one, to a fox - actually two foxes (I couldn't believe it when I saw TWO!). Always when they were free ranging (of course). So I decided to try something new. NITE GUARD is the one I have. It's a little black box with a blinking red light in the center. The red light makes predators think it's another predator and they stay away.??? Don't ask me why it works, it just DOES!
I bought two and mounted them diagonally on each opposite corner of the run/coop sometime in early fall. All fall and winter the little red light flashed and all winter long (in Maine here!) we never saw ONE foot print from ANY predators and best of all we haven't lost any since!
They suggest you buy four, of course, at around $20.00 each. I only bought two as I said, and mounted them at two opposite corners. Works for me, and others so I have read. Check it out on-line. So sorry to hear about your losses and good luck with your new babies! So cute~!
most animals cannot see colors I use red lights to hunt at night with the fox / coyotes here never see them nor do the bobcats LOL

I will give anything a go, thank you Dutchess. Makes me feel a little silly having trouble with a couple of foxes when i hear the kind of predators other people have. Coyotes, bobcats etc. Seems i have it quite easy really.
Love the photo by the way aprophet, fantastic.

Well, I had something kill 2 hens and roo RIR, tore them up and left them in there pen. I didnt know what did it so i set a live trap with dog food, a little tuna & peanut Butter.. I didnt know what I was trying to catch. Next morning I had a red fox. I now use a bug zapper. I hang it near the coops and the bugs come and get zapped, the sound goes on untill we hours of the moring, seems to keep things away. Good luck PS if you do catch one in a live trap call you wild life to come get it, Dont drive with it in the trap to set it free some were else. TN has laws, if you cant shoot it let them take it far far way from homes.

Thanks for that, may be worth a go. He seems to hang around the orchard a lot at the moment, leaving the remains of his dinner for the kids to find. When i went in today he had been through the bin as well. Forgot to empty it so the kids sandwich packets were quite interesting to him. Luckily has not taken any ducks of chickens. I think he realises now he can't get to them. I must have done a good jub fox proofing them.

Well lots of male hair donated and dug around. No trouble so far. Strange but seems to work. Thanks everyone for the tips. Don't know if its the hair or not but no more damage and no signs for a few days. I'm a happy girl at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom