Frack is a tattle-tale!

Cute story!! I love chickens like that!

We had one that had to come in the breezeway in rain, sleet, or snow to lay her egg in the cats bed EVERYDAY and another chicken who would sneak in the house everyday (we called her "kitchy") to clean up after the kids....like a ritual! And that started after she got injured one time and got to spend a few hours in the house....

Gotta love those quirky girls!!

Quote:
We actually came home one afternoon to find Frack pacing back and forth on the front porch. As soon as we opened the door, she ran in and went to her box. She reminded me of a child needing to go to the bathroom!

lol.png

lau.gif
I read it to my husband and he just laughed and said, "yep...they're smarter than you think".
gig.gif
DH is unemployed, so he is home during the day while I am at work. Hence, he takes care of the chickens mostly. He said our hens will scream to get him to open the gate of the run (to let them out) and then come squack into the the sliding glass door, so he will come out and give them treats. They sure learn quickly how to get us to spoil them!!
roll.png

Quote:
We actually came home one afternoon to find Frack pacing back and forth on the front porch. As soon as we opened the door, she ran in and went to her box. She reminded me of a child needing to go to the bathroom!

some of mine do that too, people say they can't "hold it" well....some of them must be able to at least for a little while
I tried locking them in the coop to teach them to lay in the nest, and I let them out oh.....about 5pm and my black sexlink PROMPTLY walked to her old nest and laid her egg.
It was like she was just waiting for the chance!!! *sigh* but I did succeed in training most of the youngsters where to lay, so it wasn't all lost on them lol

Back
Top Bottom