Frack is a tattle-tale!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sjisty, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I'm sure a lot of you have read the story about Frack, my house chicken. She comes and pecks on the front door every day to come in and lay her egg in an old dog kennel that we had in the kitchen. Well, I just bought one of those dog crates that looks like an end table. It is a nice piece of furniture, and we put it in the living room. I put an old soft blanket inside and showed it to Frack the next day when she came in. She promptly went inside and laid her egg. That was Monday. Tuesday she came in, as usual, and laid an egg. Wednesday, Bertha, one of my Jersey Giants, was at the front door. I opened it and in she came! She has never been in the house. She went into Frack's dog crate, laid an egg, and went back to the front door. I thought, okay, that's two eggs I don't have to go outside to find. Thursday morning it was Ebony, afternoon it was Frack's turn.

Now it's Friday. Bertha pecked on the door about noon, came in and laid her egg. Now Ebony, Bertha's sister, decided to come to the front door. I let her in. She looked around a little bit and then went straight into the crate. She just finished her laying and went to the front door. Frack is next in line, but now I see Shadow, my RIR is on the front porch!

This leads me to believe that Frack is a tattle-tale!!! What's next - am I going to have to put a doggy door in?

Forgive the blurry picture, I'm not sure what happened.
    [​IMG]

2. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    Thats SOOO cute!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

Just let her in and no one else is what I would do [​IMG]

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

I can just imagine the conversations in your coop. Keep your bedroom door shut! [​IMG]

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    That is too funny for words! You should write a book about it, with pictures! [​IMG]

6. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now if you could just teach them to open the fridge and lay in the carton....

7. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    That is hilarious! [​IMG]

8. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    What are you going to do if you ever can't be there to let them in? My 2 RIR's that are laying have a certain spot BEHIND the nest boxes I made. If I shove them up against the wall to try to make them lay IN the nest boxes...they get all bent out of shape! You never heard such cackling and carrying on! Then they will run out of the coop and go see if they can get in my horse trailer! They are too funny, but not as funny as yours coming to the house!

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

That is just too funny! Obviously Frack cannot keep a secret, or she just needs to brag!

10. chicnchic

chicnchic Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    NH
    LOL That's CUTE!! I agree, you should write a book!

OK, I have been DYING to tell this and I am pretty sure you guys will find it as funny as I did!

This morning...about 2AM(!!) I heard a terrible ruckus [​IMG] in the hen house [​IMG], so I flew downstairs, pretty sure I knew why, but HAD to know or I wouldn't have slept anyway [​IMG]...so down I went....
    (Now you need to know that I have 5 young rabbits [​IMG] in a cage in the hen house until their lean-to is done, then I'll hang their hutches in there...but back to the story)....{{{chuckle}}}
    I get out to the hen house...at 2 am in my night gown [​IMG]....to the Roo and his harem all gathered round the rabbit cage [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] squawking to beat the band!!! I swear they were all yelling: "FIGHT!!!!! FIGHT!!!!!"[​IMG] LMBO! The rabbits were either fighting [​IMG] or breeding [​IMG] LOL!I laughed all the way back to bed and went right back to sleep!![​IMG] They're all nuts![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by