Fragile!

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I love it !!! "It must be Italian."

One of my all time favorite movies - I must be a "die-hard" because I can pretty much recite the whole movie. I don't do Xmas - but I love Christmas eve because it runs 24 hours of "A Christmas Story."

"You used up all the glue - ON PURPOSE." "NOT A FINGA"
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

"FARARARARA"
lau.gif

Okay, I MUST stop now.

Last edited:
I hate that movie. hate it hate it hate it.

For as long as I could remember. every Christmas my sister would watch that movie over and over and over again.

For as long as I could remember, those whiny wailing little brats would squeal so loud I could hear them through the whole house. And that Santa scene terrified me as a child. Oh and we only had one tv growing up, so when the weather was bad, I would be stuck inside with that horrid movie playing repeatedly, making me physically ill every time that kid with his tongue stuck to the pole would whine insufferably. Or the blatantly racist scenes such as the Chinese Restaurant guys singing "Ra Ra Ra" that were so obvious even my five year old brain knew there was something wrong with that scene.

Hate that movie.

Ok Rant over. I'll leave you alone while i sit in the corner and twitch.

Quote:
Yea that was my dad right there. Cussed a lot around the house over small things but if I saw a movie with a lot of cussing in it he would get mad.

Kristy, I am sorry you find the mispronunciation racist. I will agree it is exaggerated, but the whole movie is from a childs point of view at everything is exaggerated.

BUT, that does not mean it is not inaccurate that some people from different countries have a hard time with pronouncing words/sounds from other countries. My own relatives have a hard time with my name and in Denmark, I am more often called something more like Karl than Carol. (so much so they prefer to use a nickname) Likewise, they get a giggle out of my limited Danish skills.

I have lots of highly intelligent well paid tenants from all around Asia, and yes I answer to Cawol when they talk to me. Their children who learn English in school from start can say my name.

Just try and order a Jumbo Jack from Jack in the box around here, you get a yumbo yack instead.

Love the movie, saw it when it came out years ago.
As for everyone that seems to be offended....lighten up, the movie doesnt take itself that seriously and neither should you.
If you dont like it, dont watch it....dont rain on others parade who actually do enjoy the movie.

Don't make have this thread shut down. I'll count to three.

One........

Back
Top Bottom