frazzle chickens

persimmongoat

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 5, 2010
i bought some bantam cochins 3 were frizzled they were young fuzzy chicks however now they are feathering pretty good and one is severely frazzled ive read about these chickens and how it happens i dont know the care and keep involved we are attatched to the chick and will keep it but any info and wisdom in keeping and caring for a frazzle chick let me know please:barnie:barnie:idunno

Last edited:
There's really nothing extra to do for them except keep them well fed and watered. If they're bald b/c of their poor feather quality they need to be kept out of the sun. Otherwise they just act like normal chickens and live their life.

I don't have any personal experience with Frazzles, but I know they've been discussed on here before. Try using the search button (I prefer the one embedded in the blue bar) and just type in Frazzle. I bet you'll find a lot of information.

Glad you joined us!
welcome-byc.gif

So glad I am finding this topic line. My frazzle, Avery, is so sweet and small and bald patched it just breaks my heart sometimes. I read early on before obtaining 3 Tractor supply Cochin Frizzles as much as I could about Frizzles, Frazzles, Sizzles and the whole conglomeration therein and the one item that keeps nagging at me is where they spoke of Frazzles having an enlarged liver. I'm not even sure how you would know short of a Veterinary diagnosis. Or God forbid a dead bird....fingers crossed I don't let Avery outside for too long in inclimate weather. I also have tried moisturizers on her brittle feathers without much success. Definitely will keep her out of the sun in good weather.

Back
Top Bottom