Free. Black Silkie Roo (high desert)

bzbrown

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Twentynine Palms, California
corp2.jpg

corp3.jpg

Ash is about 10 weeks old. He has started crowing. He's very sweet and used to being held by school age children and adults. Not agressive with our other chickens, but is very good at controlling the flock. We are poultry outlaws, and have had no complaints to date about his crowing, but it's only a matter of time. I'd rather be able to keep a few hens quietly than to be discovered and have to rehome the whole flock. So Mr. Ash must find a new home.

Willing to travel with him if you need him brought to you within 2-3 hours of my home.

Hi, I PMd you but you didn't reply, maybe I hit the wrong button and it didn't get sent
tongue.png

I looked up your page and you are close by me, I am out by Palm Springs, so if you can't find anyone to take him I can. All of my chickens are scardies and don't like to be handled, so I am sort of looking for one that is more of a pet and I am also starting to get into the silkies (I have eggs in the cooker right now) and your guy is very pretty.

Helen

Hi, sorry for the delay. I did make arrangements to rehome Ash, only to have him being returned to me this evening. It's very upsetting for my kids, myself and the other chicks. The people we rehomed with said their chickens didn't get along with him :-( He'd only been there an hour or so when I got that call. He's such a sweet rooster.

Ash does crow. It's not as loud as other bigger breeds but it is a crow. He's a little guy, and enjoys being held. I can drive down your way if you are sure you'd like him. I'm just afraid to take him again to somewhere that might not work out for him. For tonight I'm going to keep him indoors so I don't upset the others too much. Poor guy.

I talked to my chicken partner, we are both getting into the silkies and she says "WE" should get him. I have two roos that are permemant residents but the big one is mellow and that would be the one the silkie might be interacting with. I have also had chickens for about 10 years, and while I don't keep very many, I do understand that they have to work out thier issues. My chickens are pets and layers, can't bring myself to butcher when I can just go to the store and it is all done...I am going to keep the silkie population toward the center of the property anyway, so it should work out, though right now he would end up being a porch chicken untill the rest of his flock gets old enough. I will give him a friend to keep him company. My chicken partner friend is almost done with her huge coupe, she has her little flock of eggs she has hatched of various breeds including silkies that will be going outside soon, so between the two of us he will end up with a home. We both live in a rural area, so the crowing is not a problem.
You can email me direct at [email protected]
I would not be able to meet you tonight but tomorrow afternoon after 4:00 would be okay if you decice to send him our way.
Helen

oops, didn't think about the buyitnow ending the auction, sorry...but Chicken partner friend definatly want's him. I have kids too, so I know how that goes.

Helen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom