FREE broody blue wynadotte in So Cal

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MsPony, Jun 8, 2011.

1. MsPony

MsPony Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Ava is a beautiful blue wynadotte, will be a year old in early July. Unfortunately she is 100% broody, can NOT break her of it, and I do not currently have time/money/effort/rooster to provide her with the lifestyle she wants.

Rooster home only! Or a home where you can provide her with eggs to hatch/chicks to raise for the rest of her life. She is starving herself with me, even in a separate sun pen, and she needs babies.

I live in Santa Barbara/Goleta, willing to drive anywhere to drop her off to a good home or come pick her up. I'm going to LA in a couple of weeks as well.

Can come with vet check, small fee may apply (if my chicken vet charges me.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  2. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Oh you shouldnt say you would drive anywhere. Lol! If you are willing to drive ANYWHERE then bring her on over to Missouri. I want some broodies, but my laying girls dont want to go broody. [​IMG]

3. MsPony

Mar 2, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Woops! I meant in California lol! Sorry your not closer [​IMG]

4. aurorarose25

aurorarose25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Mesa, Az
    too bad she couldn't come to me. I have everything she would want, eggs, roo, all the time she wants to be a broody. have chicks & eggs coming out of my ears....

5. KC n KY

KC n KY Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grayson, KY
    If "anywhere" doesn't apply to MO, then I guess you won't drive to Eastern KY [​IMG] I would take her in a heartbeat if you lived within, like, two states [​IMG] Hope she finds a good home [​IMG]

6. MsPony

Mar 2, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    We decided to keep her, she has eggs going under right now [​IMG]

7. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Yay! Its always exciting to have a mother on a nest. I have a muscovy setting on a nest of 22 eggs, yay! I cant wait till they hatch. [​IMG]

8. KC n KY

KC n KY Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grayson, KY
    Hope she has a great hatch!

9. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    So, not even *Takes a Moment to Sob* Wisconsin? She could join the broody game with 3 of our other hens:D

10. rosegal

rosegal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Tustin, CA
    If you change your mind, I will happily take her. I live in the OC and could meet you in LA if needed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by