Free chick from McMurray

Turken! They have a cuteness about them! Doesn't last long for me though.

Lol, these are my least favorite breed! Hubby and I were talking with our neighbors about this breed a few days before these babies came in and I said "I sure wouldn't want one of those", and then ta-da! Here's what we get!
tongue.png

Hey lithiachick, we are right next door to each other! Been so busy that I haven't been on in a few days. I think my little guy is a roo. Need a roo?
tongue.png

Thought I would come back in here and update this thread and let you know you were completely right. He is a blue cochin.

(Pics are from 11-13 weeks of age)

Back in here to correct this... he turned out to be a she surprisingly. She has turned out to be one of my favorite birds because she is so calm and docile.

adding update of what she looks like now:

(She got to come inside and get a partial bath, complete with blow drying at the end)

Last edited:
I'm so happy to hear you got a good girl! Most of mine have been boys, so consider yourself lucky.
smile.png

Thank you! I actually wouldn't have minded a boy to be honest. I had read on here for a while before I ordered that if I selected the free exotic it would be male, so it took a long time for me to realize that he was a she simply because it never crossed my mind that I could have had the 1 in a 1000 chance of getting a hen.

So far my expected "male" was female and two of my straight runs that I thought were females turned out to be very slow maturing males.

McMurray is smart sending the "free" baby...First, IT"S NOT FREE! , why, because now I need some hens for our beautiful Lakenvelder rooster, "Fraia", who we've come to love...So, unless the hens are free too, HE WASN'T FREE! They got us and we love it! :) We got introduced to a breed we hadn't considered and want more! :)

10852654_1578400075708344_1565683114_n.jpg

He's a cool roo, when I sit in his coop, he climbs up my back and sits on my shoulder like a pirate's parrot! He lives with the polish and sultans till we get him some hens...

10684286_930101597019230_177838159_n.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom