SewingDiva

Songster
12 Years
Aug 31, 2007
Westwood MA, South of Boston
This is a great little hen house:

ecmd0007987.gif

ecmd0007988.gif

Just go to this link , click on the images, and you can download a PDF of the plans.

~Phyllis

This is a very cute hen house! Although the plans say it will fit 8 standard birds?

We just finished building a coop based on this design. One chicken decided to roost on the door opening and the rest lined up on the ramp. Hopefully today they will get used to the coop and decide to sleep inside.

thank you for the plan! a soon as my hubby is don with the first coop, i will get him started on this one.
tongue.png

Thanks so much for this link! Search it and it will come. I have been looking high and low for coop plans that don't break the bank just to buy the plans and there are a ton of shady sites on the internet. This 4x4 coop will be perfect for my four hens and I won't be tempted to get more until I move!

ETA

How hard will it be to put some windows in? I notice there are none in the plans, although there is a skylight. I was thinking at least two windows for cross ventilation. I am looking to get some from a local building supply surplus store on the cheep. Also, for those who have used these plans, what did the coop end up costing you? Rough estimate is fine. I am going to go price the material list at home depot now, but I want to see how much I can get from the previously mentioned supply store. I am so excited, these chicks need to get out of my bathroom!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom