Free Legal Advice Is Worth What You Pay For It

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by BigPeep, Jun 22, 2009.

1. sbrown

sbrown Chirping

Feb 3, 2013
    Cartersville
    Hard to believe that owning chickens that provide food could be a big deal fom some. I not saying you need 100 in your subdivision backyard but a small flock to me just seems reasonable. Of course I grew up in the country and it was just normal. I live on the edge of town now and my place private and not in a subdivision or anything. One does back up to me however. I told my neighbors if my roosters got to bothering them just let me know and I'd get rid of them. I didn't figure they would mind since they have yappy digs and this way it put the issue to bed right away. In fact they want eggs now. However, I just discovered that my county ordinances dont allow livestock including chickins in less than 2 acres which I don't quite have. Anything over a fraction of two acres and you can have 8 cows or 8 horses etc which is just plain stupid. Trying now to find out if this applys to all the county or only inside city limits. Bartow county Ga.

2. Eggraiser

Eggraiser Hatching

May 9, 2014
    If any of you live near the twin cities and would like to not have as much hassle that the suburbs tend to give, let me know and I will help you find your little paradise!

3. Windala

Windala Hatching

Apr 28, 2017
    I live in Stockton CA and I'm having a hard time finding out if I can keep my chicks!! I guess I can always call city hall on monday.

4. Katrina89

Katrina89 Chirping

Jun 9, 2016
    Santa Fe, NM
    Thank you for this information! It is very helpful! <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: